TMX Scientific’s ultra-fast numerical engine,
The patented, novel approach begins by using a grid nesting technique to solve the corresponding heat transfer problem. The nesting technique then defines a template used to solve the transient problem in a multiple grid fashion. With multiple grids in time, the majority of the problem domain can be resolved in time at lower nest levels (with a coarser grid), while the finer grid resolution is reserved for the parts of the problem that demand the finer resolutions in space and time. Thus, returning results more quickly than ever before imagined.
Contact TMX Scientific for licensing information.
- Real Physics: Handle multiple materials, geometric features, and locations of heat sources
- Real Scales: Resolve large range of spatial and temporal scales, from meso to nano
- Real Time: Solve in seconds and minutes, not hours and days, and eliminate need for expensive convergence studies
- High Accuracy and Consistency: Numerical resolutions in space and time are automatically adapted based on physics, not user-independent
- Shorter Design Cycles: Speed makes it possible to consider thermal effects concurrently with electrical constraints in the design of high-performance ICs, without sacrificing accuracy and fidelity
- Ease of Use: Describe 3D heat transfer problem interactively and visualize results in full 3D
- 3D simulation of the heat problem at the die level for the design of electronic devices
- Thermal simulation of structures that have large changes in scale between the heat source(s) and the full computational domain